NOTE: In order to simplify the installation of Mini PCI-E modems (or adapters for M.2 modems), our WiFiX NEXP1GO routers are equipped with metal pillars (see picture below). These pillars replace the normal four white plastic modem spacers–which can be problematic–and secures the modem tightly in place.
This metal pillars simplify installations of a Mini PCI-E modem as well as a Mini PCI-E to M.2 adapter when using M.2 modems. No longer is it necessary to remove the router PCB from its case for installation of these components with the WiFiX NEXP1GO.
Our WiFiX version of GoldenOrb firmware comes preinstalled on our NEXP1GO to further simplify the build process.
NOTE: Cellular service providers may require activating a specific data plan to use on a cellular internet device. The carriers are constantly updating and/or modifying existing cellular plans. It is the customer’s sole responsibility to assure a compatible cellular plan is available prior to purchasing cellular related components.
The WiFiX NEXP1GO routers were special equipped to better accommodate our customer's needs. The NEXP1GO now includes:
- WiFiX version of GoldenOrb preinstalled (Updated 09-10-2021)
- 2 x U.FL to SMA Bulkhead Antenna Connector Pigtails (pre-installed)
- 2 x 4G LTE Antennas
- 2 x 2.4GHz Antennas
- 2 x 5GHz Antennas
- 12 Volt 2.5 Amp Power Adapter
- 48V PoE onboard (PCB) power module
- 2 x Screws to mount Mini PCI-E modem or M.2 adapter
- Wall mounts, screws and lags
- Cat5e Ethernet Cable
The NEXP1GO requires a Standard (Full) sized SIM Card. A SIM Card Adapter is generally required when using a Nano or Micro sized SIM card (i.e., from a phone or hotspot device) .
NOTE: The NEXP1GO is a PoE version. It can be powered either via the included 110v to 12vdc wall power plug, or via 48V poe input at the WAN port.
The most popular Sierra Wireless modems to use with the NEXP1GO are the Sierra Wireless CAT7 EM7411 (with FirstNet Band14, Band 71, and band 66 support), the Sierra Wireless CAT12 EM7565, and the Sierra Wireless CAT12 EM7511 (which has the AT&T FirstNet Band 14).
The most popular Quectel modems to use the NEXP1GO are the Quectel CAT6 EM06-A , the Quectel CAT12 EM12-G and the Quectel CAT20 EM20-G modems.
The Sierra Wireless MC7455 modem is a Mini PCI-E modem and requires no additional hardware or pigtail cables to internally install in the NEXP1GO.
The Sierra Wireless EM7455, EM7411 , EM7511, EM7565, and the Quectel EM06-A and EM12-Gare M.2 form factor modems.
Included in the kit:
This listing includes all the needed parts for M.2 form factor 3042 modems. (Does not include the longer 3052 5G Modems):
- 1x Mini PCI-E to M.2 Key B adapter
- 1x 5″ (or 8″) and 1x 10″ MHF4 to SMA Female Bulkhead pigtails (to replace the U.FL pigtails)
- WiFiX NEXP1GO Router – stock with 2 cellular antennas(700-2700Mhz), 4 wifi antennas (2 x 2.4Ghz and 2 x 5Ghz), and a 2.5A power supply.
Note: The Telit LM960A18, as well as Quectel EM20-G and EM160, modem(s) are 4 x 4 MIMO modem which has four MHF4 modem connector ports (as opposed to two ports on the other 2 x 2 MIMO modems listed), and requires two additional pigtails for installation. We sell them HERE
1. The MC7455 is not recommended for Sprint Band 41 (unless provisioned via Sprint) as it may experience random disconnects.
The NEXP1GO stock cellular antennas may be upgraded to any of the following cellular antennas:
- 700-2700MHz Rectangular 3.5dBi-4dBi 4G LTE Omni Antenna with SMA Male Connectors (PAIR)
- 600-3800MHz Cellular Omni-Directional Paddle Antennas (SMA Connectors) PAIR
- 698-2700MHz Cradlepoint 3dBi 4G LTE Omni Antenna (PAIR)
- 700-2700MHz 5dBi Cellular Hotspot Omni-Directional Antennas (SMA Connectors) – Pair
A significant number of customers are upgrading the NEXP1GO stock antennas with the Cisco LTE Omni Antenna Kit.
The Cisco antennas use TNC connectors (as opposed to SMA). The NEXP1GO antenna pigtail cables must be upgraded to match that of the modem's antenna connector ports to install the Cisco antenna upgrade:
- The Mini PCI-E modems (see above) require two U.FL to TNC Female Bulkhead connector pigtails, one 5 inch pigtail and one 10 inch pigtial to install the Cisco antenna kit.
- The M.2 modems (see above) require two MHF4 to TNC Female Bulkhead connector pigtails, one 5 inch pigtail and one 10 inch pigtail to install the Cisco antenna kit.
* Note: The two existing SMA connector cutouts in the NEXP1GO router case must be enlarged/drilled to 15/32″ to accommodate the larger TNC bulkhead connectors.
Outdoor External Cellular antenna(s) may also be suitable to obtain adequate (and usable) cellular signals in rural and/or remote locations.
WG3526-P 4G LTE Tutorials (Same basis as the NEXP1GO Router):
See this LTE FIX IT tutorial for steps on building and configuring the router and modem. Note that the NEXP1GO comes with WiFiX version of GoldenOrb so this step can be ignored.
See this LTE FIX IT tutorial for building the WH3526-P/NEXP1GO Router.
See THIS TUTORIAL for installing and configuring the WG3526-P/NEXP1GO inside our DM25x19 MIMO Antenna Enclosure. This will work similarly in all of our outdoor enclosure antennas and enclosure unites.
Check out our Video Tutorial on configuring the NEXP1GO for PoE power.
The NEXP1GO is equipped with the MT7621, the latest MediaTek processor. The MT7621 Wi-Fi SoC Dual-core CPU boasts a powerful clock frequency up to 880 MHz MIPS® 1004KEc™.
The new SoC includes proven hardware support for Network Address Translation (NAT), Quality of Service (QoS), SAMBA, Virtual Private Network (VPN) and others routing and tunneling applications. It is ideal for high performance 802.11ac, LTE CAT3/4/6 modems, hotspots, VPN routers, NAS, AC (Access Point Controller) and smart routers. Moreover, the MT7621A applies low-power technology and fits into the NEXP1GO’s design with good power dissipation.
The router provides for five (5) Gigabit Auto MDI/MDIX Ethernet ports, a Mini PCI-E (mPCIe) slot for modems, a SIM card slot, a USB 3.0 port, a Micro SD card slot, and a SATA 3.0 slot.
Wireless (Wi-Fi) Overview:
The WiFi supports IEEE802.11 AC/N/G/B/A protocol with a maximum wireless rate of 1200 Mbps. It is equipped with four (4) removable 5dBi high gain Wi-Fi antennas for better coverage in large areas.
Note: The WiFi capabilities on the NEXP1GO routers may be less than optimal for providing WiFi to a family with multiple devices. While some find it sufficient, home installations for family/multiple users/devices, may discover the NEXP1GO is best used strictly as the modem/gateway (to provide the internet) and connected to a quality dual band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi router or Access Point to provide the WiFi component. The NEXP1GO would be then be connected (via an Ethernet cable) from one of the LAN ports on the NEXP1GO to the WAN port on the WiFi router or Access Point.
WiFiX version of GoldenOrb comes pre-installed on the NEXP1GO which may be upgraded to a compatible openWRT based firmware of your choice.
There are no reviews yet.