This listing and price per unit is for BULK ORDERS ONLY. MoQ of 50 units. We do not currently offer this in lower quantities.
USB3.0 to NGFF M.2 Key B 4G 5G Modem Adapter Board is a useful device for connecting a 5G 3050 (M.2) cellular modem card (Tested with the Quectel Wireless RM500Q, RM510Q, and SIMCOM SIM8200 series) as well as 4G LTE NGFF (M.2) modem cards (i.e., Sierra Wireless EM7565, EM7455, EM7354, Quectel EM12-G, EM20-G, EM06-A, etc.) behind a PC or router via a USB port.
This is ONLY the USB3 to M.2 Modem adapter PCB. No enclosure or antenna pigtails are included.
NOTICE : The latest in stock version of these adapters (as of May 2021) have been updated to include an upgraded Aux Power input switching feature. This feature switches off the power input from the Aux power input port when there is no power on the main USB data port. This keeps the modem from staying powered after your turn off your router, but the aux power is still active. The device has also had its power ICs upgraded and the USB ESD protection has been upgraded. The modem module power output has also been adjusted to help stabilize modem performance under varying input voltages, also helping to prevent voltage drop under high data transfer.
Note: The Sierra EM919x series 5G cards require a different voltage level than other 5G modems and do not currently operate in un-modified adapters and routers. Telit FN980 cards have not been successfully tested in this adapter, though some have claimed to have success.
The enclosure's SIM Card slot is equipped with ESD protection and uses a Standard (full size) SIM Card.
The USB 3.0 A Male to Micro-B Male plug (AM-Micro BM) provides a durable and solid connection to the enclosure. The data power cable is 15.75 inches long and may be extended with the use of quality USB 3.0 extension cables.
USB3.0 (4.8Gbps) boasts of providing Ten Times the capability of USB 2.0. It also provides 900mA power as opposed to 500mA utilized thru USB 2.0. Type A connectors are are backwards compatible to USB 2.0 and/or USB 1.1.
The PCB is engineered with the industry inductance and an independent power capacitor and is equipped with an extra Micro USB power port for applications where additional (dual) power is required.
It accepts a wide range of DC input voltage from 5V-27V with a maximum output of 3.3V/3A (9W) to accommodate even the most power intensive M.2 modems.
- When extending the USB3.0 cable use only large diameter and quality cable to prevent voltage drop which can and will lead to disconnect issues. We recommend no longer than 10 feet, as the low voltage (5VDC) does not carry very well over USB cables of any substantial length.
- When using a SIM Card adapter (i.e., micro to standard, etc), take precaution that the SIM card fits “freely” and flat into the adapter. In other words, you should not have to force the SIM card into the adapter. A SIM card that is too tight, when installed in the SIM slot, can rise and cause a misalignment between the adapter pins and SIM card. All tits/nubs on the side of the SIM card should be sanded smooth. This is easily done with a laying a nail file/emery board/piece of sand paper flat on table top, and working the SIM card evenly across until smooth.
- This USB adapter will not work on the Mini PCI-E modem cards (i.e., Sierra Wireless MC series cards). The USB3 to Mini PCI-E adapter enclosure must be used.
- In order for a Windows based PC to recognize a Sierra Wireless modem card, regardless of how it is being attached, the Sierra Wireless Windows drivers must first be installed on the Windows device. Refer to our LTE FIX IT Series tutorial
- 1 x USB 3.0 to NGFF (M.2) 4G 5G PCB
- 1 x USB3.0 to Micro-B Male power Cable